We’ve recently made a few updates to how you take a photo of your Proov test strip. We’re excited to share this information with you to make it easier to take a test, get a result and move on with your day.
Note: The images below are of a new experience rolling out in our iPhone app first week of Feb 2024. The new experience will be available on Android later in Feb 2024.
How to get your Proov test ready:
- Collect your urine.
- Launch the Proov Insight app.
- Tap the “+” button to take a test, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Dip the test in urine, and wait 10 minutes!
- Now you’re ready to take a photo of your test.
How to take a photo of your Proov test:
- Place the Proov test strip on the Proov Testing Card and rotate the card so it’s like the image below. Make sure the dip end is at the top and the colorful handle is at the bottom.
Hold your phone over the test card and make sure the test strip fills the window as shown in the photo below.
- Take the photo.
- The app will ask you to confirm that it’s found the white rectangle with your test results correctly.
If the app is having trouble analyzing the picture, you can either crop the photo yourself or send it to our support team.
If you’re cropping the photo yourself, pinch and zoom then crop the image so that it selects just the white area of the strip with your test results and not a lot of background from the test card behind it.
If it still doesn’t work, select the image to contact our support team and email us a clear, shadow-free photo of your test strip quickly. We’ll process it for you.
If you’re a long-time Proover, you might notice what’s changed:
- To minimize shadows on the test strip and to fit the way you naturally hold your phone, the test-taking UI is now in portrait mode! (a vertical layout)
- After we take a photo of your test, we ask you to confirm if we’ve correctly identified the white rectangle that contains your test results.
- If your test didn’t process properly, you can contact us immediately and our customer experience team will process your photo for you.